You may have a number of heavy items that need to be moved, so you have to consider the ‘right’ way to move them. This is because you do not want them to fall through any boxes that you may put them in and you need to make sure that you have the right plan of action. Follow these simple steps to ensure that you are packing your heavy items the easy way.
- Get sturdy, durable boxes and packing materials to use for the heavier items that you will be moving. You need to make sure that they are secure and the bottom of the box they are being put in is secure. Sometimes using plastic totes can even be beneficial for heavier items.
- Once the items are packed nicely inside that box, consider placing it in an equally sturdy second box that is just a little larger than the original. This can give the box more durability when the time comes to move it.
- Always make sure to mark the box fragile if the items inside it are fragile. If they are heavy, you want the strongest person to move them so that nothing is to happen to the items within. The box shouldn’t be dropped during the move.
- Place the heavy item in the center of the box so that it does not tilt from one way to the next. It should be well distributed so that when it is carried, it can be done in ease.
- If the heavy items can be split up into separate boxes then do so. You do not want too much weight in the box. You should be able to evenly place the heavy items in different boxes.
When you’re ready to take on the move you are doing, speak with us here at Marvel Move, we are professional Irving movers that are able to help move all of your heavy, and non-heavy items.