If you’re going to be moving with pets, you need to make sure that you’re moving them the best way possible. Generally, with a dog you can put them in the back seat and move them without a problem but when you have cats, lizards, fish and other animals that require a cage – you might be at a loss on how you’re going to be able to do this and get them to the new home in Arlington with ease.
Here are some tips to help make your move, with your pets, much more friendly for everyone involved. Make sure you all get there safe and sound.
1. Consider the cage or tank that they are in. Is it large or small? Where would it best fit when it comes to putting it in one of the vehicles? You do not want to throw them in the moving truck since anything could happen in one of those. Consider keeping them in the cage and moving them in one of the vehicles that you’re taking to the new home.
2. Ask a family member or friend to take their vehicle to your new home with your pets in it. This can be helpful if you have items in your vehicles, or kids or just not enough room to fit the pet in safely without having to worry about something happening.
3. Find a travel cage or crate to put them in. This is ideal for cats, ferrets and other smaller pets that can be transported easier. They are inexpensive and can make your life much easier. Put their cage and other items in the moving truck and just keep them in their travel crate with you, in your vehicle. It takes up less room, so you’re more likely to fit them better.
4. Consider moving the animals over to the home first. You can go over there with a few items, as long as it is not too far from the old home and bring them with you. Put them in the new home so they are there when you bring the rest of your items along on the next trip. This also means you can move the items out of the old house without having to worry about them being in the way.
5. Board the animals with a kennel or vet office that provides this service. You can go pick them up when the moving is done, but until then – they are in safe hands and out of the way. You do not want to worry about tripping over them or having to move them with you during each of the trips. If you do not know of any boarding facilities, consider asking a family member or friend to hold them for you until the moving process is over and you can safely come get them.
Moving with pets is something that cannot be avoided. You have to find out the best way to get them to the new Forth Worth home. Work with the best solution that fits the needs that you have and know that your move went smoothly.